The outlook for east coast gas supply over the next 18 years is subject to considerable uncertainty. On the one hand, the latest AEMO Gas Statement of Opportunities notes that there are adequate proved and (2P) reserves, and contingent and prospective resources to meet expected demand for at least 18 years.
On the other hand, we have already seen significant write-downs of east coast reserves and resources.
In an effort to bring greater clarity to this situation, EnergyQuest has undertaken a detailed assessment of reserves, production costs and field production profiles for Queensland, Northern Territory, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia, east coast demand, and pricing outlook.
Specific issues addressed are:
- How robust are proven and probable reserves estimates to meet this demand?
- What are the likely 18 year production profiles for major fields and basins?
- What are the expected development costs for major fields and projects?
- What is future gas demand for the domestic market, and the LNG export projects?
- Will LNG imports change the market?
- What is the gas price outlook for the east coast?
- What are the risks and game changers for the industry?
You can download further details here: