LNG is revolutionising the Australian natural gas sector with the three Queensland plants in operation and new west coast plants ramping up. However there is a dearth of timely and reliable information on LNG exports:
- What volumes are each of the LNG projects exporting?
- Are projects operating above contract and nameplate levels, exporting spot cargoes?
- Into which markets are cargoes being delivered?
- What is Australia’s market share in the major markets?
- What prices are Australian projects getting and what is the outlook for export earnings?
- What prices are Australian exports getting compared with other countries?
- How competitive are Australian projects in the face of rising US competition?
The EnergyQuest Monthly LNG Report provides comprehensive monthly data and analysis on all of these aspects of the Australian LNG projects.
With the federal government implementing its Australian Domestic Gas Security Mechanism, the Report also provides critical information on the interface between the east coast LNG projects and the domestic gas market. This includes:
- Export volumes for each Queensland projects.
- Destinations of Queensland cargoes.
- Queensland spot cargoes.
- Feedstock flows to the projects, including gas flowing into Queensland from other states.
- Purchases of third-party gas.
- Any diversions of gas to the domestic market.
- Number of wells drilled in each of the projects and whether this is sufficient to sustain or increase production.
- Trends in domestic gas prices and correlation with export volumes.
- LNG netback prices based on both oil-linked and spot sales.
- Comparisons between LNG netbacks and domestic short-term prices.
The EnergyQuest LNG service is already proving useful to governments, LNG producers, domestic gas producers and domestic gas buyers. The Report comprises a detailed analysis, provided as a PDF, together with an Excel data file.
If you would like a sample copy of the Report, please contact us at email@example.com