EnergyQuest has just released its December2019 LNG Report. Some of the highlights are:
- Higher LNG exports and lower east coast gas prices.
- Australia has officially become the world’s largest exporter of LNG on an annualised basis with the record performance for last year being 1.5 Mt above the Platts estimate (6 January) of Qatar 2019 production of 76 Mt.
- Australian shipments for the 2019 calendar year were 77.5 Mt.
- Total Australian LNG shipments in December were a new record high of 7.1 million tonnes Mt) (104 cargoes), higher than 6.5 Mt (96 cargoes) in November.
- Australia’s December shipments were 83.9 Mtpa on an annualised basis, well above Qatar’s nameplate capacity of 77 Mtpa.
- ·West coast LNG shipments were up by 6 cargoes in December compared with November, primarily due to Gorgon (+4) returning to normal production rates after maintenance. A number of spot cargoes were available from west coast projects for December loading including cargoes from Ichthys and Pluto.
- East coast LNG shipments were a record 2.0 Mt, up by 0.13 Mt (2 cargoes) in December compared with November. One spot cargo was reported for December loading from the east coast, from APLNG.
- East coast short-term gas prices were lower than those in November and lower than December 2018.
Information about the EnergyQuest LNG service is available by clicking here